Virtual Assistant for AuthorsLiving a stressful, over-tasked life? Need help managing the administrative tasks and busy work that take you away from writing or cut into your personal time? I offer a variety of virtual assistant services at affordable hourly rates. Think of what you could accomplish with a few extra hours. I can give you that time. Whether you have reoccurring weekly/monthly tasks you'd like to assign, or a special one-time project with which you need assistance, let me handle the work so you can concentrate on more important things.
Services:These are some of the services I offer. If you have questions about any of them, or about any other service not listed here, please contact me via my contact form.
- Traditional Marketing - I've worked as a Public Relations practitioner and taught Public Relations at the college level. With this detailed experience, I can create and distribute eye-catching press releases, newsletters, surveys, and a personalized media kit. I can also coordinate contests and giveaways, and assist with managing street teams.
- Social Media Management and Marketing - Social media is ever-evolving, and each site reaches different audiences with different expectations. I can help reach your target audience on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Tumblr, Pinterest, and YouTube by creating and/or posting content and replying to comments.
- Scheduling - I can organize and maintain your schedule, as well as assist in scheduling events, including the following: speaking events, presentations, book signings, blog tours, interviews, meetings, and conference appearances.
- Website and Blog Management - I can create content for and update websites and blogs. If you prefer a more hands on approach with your website or blog, I can assist with brainstorming fresh, interactive content ideas and review/edit content for publication readiness before uploading.
- Database Administration - Want to keep track of your NetGalley requests and reviews? Interested in logging donation information for easy access? Need to see, in snapshot format, contest and giveaway entrants and winners? Or a list of which blogs you've promised to visit during a blog tour, including when, where, and the type of post needed? I can create and maintain a database tailored to the information you want to track. It can be as simple or as detailed as you desire.
- Online Research - As a former graduate research assistant and journalist, I’m well versed in searching for reliable information and unique images, and in fact checking.
- Personal Assistance - Managing and monitoring email, creating and sending cards and letters, ordering supplies, packaging and shipping, making travel arrangements, assisting with presentations, data entry, etc.
Qualifications:With so many Virtual Assistants offering their services, why rely on me?
- Masters in Communication from a writing and Public Relations intensive program at Auburn University
- 15+ years of professional experience writing and editing content in a variety of styles, including technical, academic, popular non-fiction, fiction, feature, media, and copy writing
- 10+ years professional administrative support experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, Adobe Photoshop, Vellum, Procreate, and various other hardware and software
Rate:$35 per hour. Per project rates are also available.
Contact:Please use the contact form.
If you have questions about any services or potential services, just ask!